Retail Arbitrage was published in late 2010 and authored by Chris Green, the co-creator with Paul Retherford of FBA Power, software to make selling with Fulfillment by Amazon easier and more efficient for Amazon sellers.
Who should read this book? Honestly, in my opinion, EVERY eCommerce seller. I got my copy to learn more about selling on Amazon and using FBA to the max. And if you are selling on Amazon, using Fulfillment By Amazon or not, this book should be required reading. However, the surprising thing to me was that this book is for all eCommerce sellers. It truly contains business information that will help anyone who is selling anything on any venue!
The book’s true value comes from what it contains –including the following:
- A thorough explanation of what Retail Arbitrage is and why it works
- A variety of online resources and recommendations
- The perspective of a currently active FBA seller
- Detailed info about Amazon’s rules for sellers and links for further information
- The accessibility of the author via podcast, email, Facebook and even phone
- Thorough explanation of the mindset of the Amazon buyer and in particular the Amazon PRIME buyer and how to use that information for your success
- Discussion on the Scalability of an Amazon FBA business and what that means to you
- How To information on Pricing your items
- How To Information on avoiding the ‘race to the bottom’ pricing wars
- How To Information on competing with Amazon itself on a product
- Information on Amazon’s storage fees and how they affect your buying decisions
- Basic course info on Supply and Demand, Profitability, Margin, Sales Rank and more
- Buying your own UPC codes: why, how and even where
- Product bundling
What I love most is that the entire book is written from an abundance mentality and not a scarcity and fear point of view. Chris does not view the influx of new Amazon sellers as a bad thing and teaches his followers the same viewpoint.
While Chris makes it clear that making money doing Retail Arbitrage is hard work and not any kind of ‘Get Rich – the Quick & Easy Way’ book, his positive outlook, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and quick mind come through on every page.
Chris Green’s easy to understand directions are simple to comprehend and put into action immediately. His true excitement and passion for his business and yours is evident, and you can’t help but get excited as you read through the book and begin, maybe for the first time, to imagine the amazing possibilities ahead for you in your own Retail Arbitrage business.
I’m the ‘Curious Kat’ type person who always wants to know WHY something is true or works and HOW it works. If you have a curious personality too, or you just need to dig behind the scenes, this is the book for you!
This is a business investment, and if you are serious about growing your online business, it is a must read in my opinion.
I have tried to make this review as impartial as I can but I know you can see what a big fan I am. I am also the producer of Chris Green’s Podcast FBA Radio, which I co-ordinate for him on Monday afternoons at 3 PM and Friday afternoons at 3 PM. Bob Wiley of the FBA Forum and FBARocks Blog, and Lisa Suttora of What Do I Sell are his co-hosts. I am also the moderator of an FBARadio Facebook group, with almost 600 members. All three of these are fantastic sources of further, FREE information and education for you as you begin your FBA Business and we’d love to have you join us.
Ready to get started? You can also purchase a hard copy, PDF or even kindle version on – of course - Amazon!
Respected as a trusted eCommerce speaker, educator, and entrepreneur, Kat Simpson has been a successful eCommerce merchant for over 10 years; is an eBay Education Specialist and Silver Level PowerSeller, who also maintains stores on Addoway, Bonanza, Buy.com, and iOffer. Currently Kat is the producer of popular weekly Amazon FBA Podcast FBA Radio with Chris Green of FBAPower.